- Who: All Users
- What: How to Change the Default Login Name in FileMaker
- With: FileMaker 11+ (not sure how far back it goes)
- Why: Your default login name is not the login name you routinely use.
If every time you open a FileMaker database it fills in the Account Name field with something other than what you want to routinely use, here is a quick and easy fix!
- With FileMaker already open (even if a db is not open), click on the “Edit” menu item.
- In the “Edit” menu, click on the “Preferences” item.
- On the “General” tab of the Preferences window, there is a “User Name” field with the name it is defaulting to on the login screen.
- Simply change the User Name here and you are done!