- Who: Anyone who uses checkbox sets with the Data API.
- What: How to Format JSON key/value pairs for a Checkbox Set.
- With: FileMaker 17+
- Why: Checkbox sets are common and useful tools in forms when sending data to the Data API.
Examining FileMaker's new marketing campaign: the "Workplace Innovation Platform". At the recent 2018 Devcon, FileMaker Inc. created a "special session" and invited the whole conference to attend. Emails were sent out for people to watch live via web cast. It was a...read more
- Who: Anyone interested in securing your FileMaker 17 Server with SSL (Wildcard or single domain)
- What: How to Install SSL Certificate on FM 17 Server Admin Console
- With: FileMaker 17+ (FM Server 17 introduced the new Server Admin Console)
- Why: Security is a priority with any solution, but especially if you connect to your server over a WAN (as opposed to your local network).
If you want to be a serious FileMaker developer, you will need to get intimately familiar with FileMaker Pro Advanced's Script Debugger tool. Fortunately, the brilliant folks over at Geist Interactive have posted a nice overview/primer with some good tips on how to...read more
- Who: Anyone who uses sorting and wants that sort to stay consistent.
- What: How to maintain sort order (even when sort value in field changes).
- With: FileMaker 12+
- Why: Sometimes you don’t want the record you are on to change it’s order in the found set when you update the record.
- Who: Anyone who uses the “Save as PDF” feature.
- What: How to fix the issue where a PDF created by “Save as PDF” prints slowly.
- With: FileMaker 13+
- Why: No need to wait for these PDFs to flatten.