A journey in learning FileMaker Pro
- Who: Anyone who uses sorting and wants that sort to stay consistent.
- What: How to maintain sort order (even when sort value in field changes).
- With: FileMaker 12+
- Why: Sometimes you don’t want the record you are on to change it’s order in the found set when you update the record.
- Who: Anyone who uses the “Save as PDF” feature.
- What: How to fix the issue where a PDF created by “Save as PDF” prints slowly.
- With: FileMaker 13+
- Why: No need to wait for these PDFs to flatten.
- Who: Anyone who has multiple files hosted on FileMaker Server
- What: How to change the icon of your FileMaker solutions in the FileMaker Server Launch Center
- With: FileMaker 14+
- Why: When your list of solutions in the Launch Center (Open Remote…) grows, it can be difficult to differentiate between them quickly.
- Who: Anyone who wants to use Font Awesome as SVG icons in FileMaker
- What: How to Use Font Awesome as SVG Icons in FileMaker
- With: FileMaker Server 14+ (not tested on earlier versions)
- Why: Font Awesome is a common and useful set of icons.
- Who: All Users working in List View
- What: How to Change the Color of the List View Active Record Background
- With: FileMaker Server 13+
- Why: It’s not completely obvious or intuitive where to find this control
- Who: All Users setting up FileMaker Server on a Windows Server
- What: How to Configure Windows Server Firewall for FileMaker Server
- With: FileMaker Server 13+ / Windows Server 2008+
- Why: Instead of disabling the firewall, let’s learn to use it!